Our coaching staff is CPR certified, in addition to USASF certified for each level they coach in tumbling and stunting to ensure the safety of each athlete.
Kyle Pappas, Owner, General Manager, Head Coach
- Kyle has been involved with cheerleading since the age of 17. He started in Reno, NV, before moving to Colorado in 2001. He has worked in the competitive cheer industry since 1998, working at several gyms, both small and large, in his career. He has coached numerous high school programs, worked closely with the University of Colorado at Boulder, and won several National Championships in All-Star Cheerleading. In 2012, he left his former job to pursue a career independently in the industry he loves, and Empire Athletics was born.
Anna Dudow, Program HS Director, Head Team Coach
- Anna developed a love for gymnastics and tumbling at a very young age, but it was not until her junior year of high school when she was introduced to the world of cheerleading. Anna was a cheerleader for the University of Colorado and has coached various competitive teams, including the CU Cheerleading Squad and a NCA All-Star Championship winning team. While she is a registered nurse by night, Anna is very thankful and excited to be able to continue her love of coaching at Empire Athletics!
Christopher Turner, Head Team Coach
- Christopher has been invovlved in the cheerleading industry for the past 10 year coaching and judging. He coached for 5 years at Broomfield high school, including leading the team to the CHSAA State Championship 4a title in 2013. He currently coaches the cheer and dance team at the University of Colorado Denver. In addition to coaching, he judges cheerleading competitions nationally and internationally in the U.K., Australia, and Canada. He has also judged for the USASF/IASF Worlds in 2014, 2015, and 2016.
Jordan Blott, Head Tumbling Coach
- Jordan has extensive experience, with 22 years tumbling experience and 12 years as a tumbling coach. He coached at Ohio Extreme All-Stars, and Ohio Explosions All-Stars, and went to Worlds 5 years in a row. He has coached, trained, and trained coaches at Woodward for 4 summers, and has been a tumbling coordinator and staff trainer for over 4 years. His future goals are to keep coaching- to help keep the cheer and tumbling sport safe, at an advanced/extreme level. He plans to train/assist newer coaches in creating better and safer athletes. He started working for EA in November 2014
Sam Snyder, Team and Tumbling Coach
- Sam has been tumbling since she was three years old and joined her first performing team when she was five. When she moved out to Colorado in 2007 she quickly began an All-Star cheerleading career that continued until 2013. After taking a break from cheer, she cheered her Senior year at Ralston Valley, 2014-2015. She is currently enrolled at Colorado State University to pursue a degree in health and exercise science, and later to become a physical therapist. She began working at Empire in July of 2014.
Taylor Avalos, Team and Tumbling Coach
- Taylor Avalos began cheerleading with Erie High school! She placed top 5 in the state Competition all 4 years; as well as placing 3rd at USA High School nationals!!! She is currently attending CU Boulder and majoring in Neuroscience. Taylor is looking forward to cheering for CU’s all girl cheer team next season. She began working at Empire in April 2015. Taylor is looking forward to pursuing her passion in the cheer industry for years to come!
- Courtney started cheerleading at age 4. After 10 years of competitive cheer and 4 years of high school cheer; she is now a Junior at the University of Colorado. She is a member of the Varsity Cheerleading team and is majoring in special education. She hopes to one day pursue a career as a firefighter. She is very excited to continue sharing her love for cheerleading with the athletes of Empire Athletics.
Anthony Smith, Stunt Coach
- Anthony has been in the competitive cheer industry since 1997. He has cheered at several successful programs including Virginia Tech, George Mason University, and Hawaii Pacific University. While cheering at Hawaii Pacific University, he helped his team earn one second place finish and 2 NCA National Championship wins. Not only has he been a cheerleader, he has coached several successful high school and all-star programs. He is excited to be apart of Empire Athletics!
Julie Howald, Coach
- Julie will be attending Colorado State University where she will be studying Neuroscience and Spanish. Someday, she hopes to attend medical school at Baylor University. Although she had to leave the sport of cheer due to injuries, her passion remains too strong for the sport to leave it. She is very excited to be able to share one of my greatest passions with each and every person who walks into Empire Athletics, and looks forward to sharing her years of knowledge with future athletes.
Rachel Tabor (Shaklee Nutrition Partner)